Here's another thing that I'm a fan of:

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.  I mean, come on, who isn't?


I especially love the Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.  They have a higher peanut butter to "cup" ratio (actually don't quote me on that.  It just seems like they do.)  But, you can't go wrong with these little guys. 

So if you like peanut butter cups and you like cookies, then you will really be in heaven with this recipe.  Check it out. 

You will need:
1 bag of Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
1/2 cup. butter
1/2 cup peanut butter (I use creamy)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Directions:
Cream butter, peanut butter and sugars together.  Add egg and vanilla.  Beat well.  Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture.  Place dough in rounded teaspoons in greased mini muffin pans.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes (I cooked mine for 9 minutes and that was just right.)  Right out of the oven, place a mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cup in the center of each cookie.  Refrigerate until shine from chocolate disappears.  Gently pop out with the tip of a knife.  ~yield: 2 1/2 dozen

I haven't made these for a long time, but decided to make them this afternoon for my scout group (yep, that's right ~ I'm a den mom:)  Someday I'll show you a pic of me in my yellow Scout shirt.  It's hot.  Just kidding.  It is sooo not hot.) 


Anyways, as you can see, my little sidekick had fun helping me prepare the "goods" for our activity. 


The reason I am posting this is because I thought I needed to stop eating them, so I decided to write about them instead. 

So, what is your favorite treat?

17 comments:

  1. They look delicious! Think I'll have to head to the store and pick up some mini cups, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm...if it is sweet I like it. Brownies, cakes, pies, sweet breads, cookies, donuts, candy, ice cream, oh my! Excuse me while I make a trip to the kitchen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I am currently addicted to bundt cakes from Nothing Bundt Cakes. Raspberry White Chocolate.....yumm....now I'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look good - well except for the PB cookie part. I was thinking of making a choc chip cookie and adding the Reese's to it.
    What Paula said - sweet stuff! Except PB cookies..hate 'em and always have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amber, have you tried the dark chocolate ones? A woman at work keeps a drawer stuffed with candy, and the whole newsroom is now completely addicted to the dark chocolate Reeses :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite way to have a Reeses? Straight out of the freezer. Try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never seen the mini's! Those cookies are delicious...I'm salivating just thinking about them. OK, I'm going to the store to get some Reeces!

    ReplyDelete
  8. O.K. Those look delicious! I have used the mini reeses just like this, but using a chocolate chip cookie dough. I need to try these ones with the peanut butter dough! Although I probably won't be able to stop eating them :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh those look divine. I am a fan of the "big cup" reeses. They are sooo good. However, my favorite Hershey PA product is the now discontinued Kissables. Oh I liked them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think those yellow den mother shirts are SO cute! I'll bet you totally rock yours. And those cookies look sooo yummy. I happen to have mini PB cups on hand . . . I'm thinking cookies tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for sharing your yummy recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have had these cookies before, years ago, and was so sad to not be able to find the recipe. And here it is! Thank you!!! I'm a happy camper now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Get outta town. Those look delicious! I want them NOW! Treats? I was thinking of making jam cookies the other night but refrained. I am a sucker for pies and that white choc. raspberry cheesecake that I need to post. Speaking of posts-I assume you would like the orange (well actually it is more of a tan color) bookmark? Great job on the win! xoxo, C

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those look wonderful! Thanks for sharing your recipe. And how cute is your little sidekick???

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love Reeces just about anyway you can imagine! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those look fabulous! Alright, fine....I'll try them. Twist my arm... :) And, just for the record, you probably do make that yellow scout shirt look hot! You'd make a garbage bag look good, my dear! :) Love you! Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those look so yummy, Amber. I make PB cookies with Hersheys kisses that are similar, but those look even more decadant.
    Your little girl is precious.
    Am still cutting out my Sugar and Spice "Red, white and blue" quilt. Can't wait to start sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yummy! I think I am going to buy some this weekend and try this. I love the ratio comment and I am so glad computers don't have smell-o-vision. Fun blog!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment. I read each one and try to respond as often as I can. Thanks so much for stopping by! ~Amber