O.K. This is fun.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Heat 'n Bond.  Zig Zag Stitch.  Playing with fabrics.


This is fun.  That's all I have to say.

Plus, this may or may not be for someone who may or may not be interested in chickens/roosters.  I'm just sayin'.  And if you know who you are, pretend you were never here...

I've had a few people ask if there is a template for this rooster.  Unfortunately I did not design this cute little guy (or girl - not sure which it is).  I wish I could say I did, but I actually found the pattern in a book called "Quilts for All Seasons...and Some for No Reason" by Sandy Klop for American Jane.  The pattern is called Chickens, Cherries and Checks.  I'm having so much fun making it and it's coming along really well.  Wish I could show you more, but it's kind of a surprise for a little sister of mine.  O.K.  so I'm not very good at keeping secrets. .. Sorry!

19 comments:

  1. hey lol....
    I love chickens...and roosters alike!
    I grew up on a farm and there is always room for a cluckin' love affair with birds! lol

    applique, zig zag...too much fun can be had!
    well done!

    ciao bella
    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your chicken is adorable!! I have chickens in my kitchen and I plan to make a chicken quilt this year to hang.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish it were comin' my way! Very cute and I do love chickens. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, for cute! Love your little chickie . . . so cheerful and perky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! I love roosters!
    http://rickettypickles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! My daughter would love that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome, would love a template;) My mom is into Roosters!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love a template of the rooster!! I wanna try that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice - wish it was for me. (And I don't even like chickens.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gotta love the heat n bond! Your americana quilt turned out way cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm...is it me you were referring to? If only I'd get my crafting cap on and get to work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Amber, I'm blog hopping, and found you on Pokey's blog. Love this rooster! Is there a tutorial or template available, or did you just make it up yourself? (I wish I was so creative!!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so neat. I have hens and roosters in my kitchen. Just started a quilt with heat and bond. It is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your chicken looks ace...
    Cheers :-)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment. I read each one and try to respond as often as I can. Thanks so much for stopping by! ~Amber