Friday, July 30, 2010

We were here:


Now we're home.
It was fun. 
It was go, go, go.

I'm off on another trip tomorrow.
By myself.
No kids. 
No hubby.

I've been a busy girl.

Before I go though, I've got a question for you.  Do any of you notice that I have serious A.D.D. when it comes to projects?  You may see pictures of the start of a new project and then you won't see anything about it again until months later.  Well, I apologize for that.  I am not the type of quilter that starts and finishes a project before moving on to the next.  I am usually focused on 3 or 4 at a time.  I was just wondering if you're all keeping up with what's going on in this little head of mine or if you're thinking..."this girl is so all over the place.  She never finishes anything!  Where is that dresden quilt?  Where is that big zig zag quilt?  Where is that Heart quilt?"  Well.  They're here ~ in the back of my mind...on the back burner.  Just wondering if that bothered any of you? 

Maybe I'm not the best, most organized blogger.  I just blog about what ever suits my fancy that day.  And, if I don't have anything special to blog about(OR, I'm just really busy) then you may not hear from me for a few days.  Not too many things are planned here on "A Little Bit Biased".  If you're a follower of this blog, you get to see how I roll as a quilter.  I do a little of this and a little of that.  Quilts that have deadlines get pushed to the front of the line.  Otherwise, I just do what I feel like that day.  So, sometimes quilts take months or even a year to finish.  Sometimes they take weeks.  It just all depends.  And you get to see what ever it is that I'm up to in the meantime! :)

I've had a few deadlines as of late.  One project in particular I am very excited about.  It's my new favorite!  I'll show you what I've been up to very soon, but I can't show any pictures yet because someone special might see it before I give it to her.  Well, o.k. maybe I can give you just one tiny sneak peek...


Are you intrigued?

20 comments:

  1. I sure would like to see the finished project - those cherries are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those cherries;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds familiar!

    Cute little sneak peek. Gorgeous quilting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing wrong with a little of this and a little of that! There is more to get out of quilting than finishing things.

    Love the sneak peek!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amber!
    If it helps: I, too, "suffer" from a serious case of quilter's ADD. In my non-quilty life I'm quite organized and do things from start to finish, but when it comes to quilting I just can't seem to focus on one project (if it hasn't a deadline, that is) because there are too many quilts in my head that want to become reality and too little time to make them ;o). Most of my quilts are therfore long term projects, even though they could be finished in a couple of weeks (when other quilter would do them). As I am not very proud of it, I often hesitated to post about projects if they're not at least halfway finished. But hey, why should I? It's my blog (and in your case: yours..). If anyone doesn't like what (s)he sees, (s)he just shouldn't read on.
    I, personally, really enjoy your blog. I don't mind if you show the beginnings and then move to another project... of course, I love to see finished quilts, because your quilts are beautiful! And the cherry quilt promises to be a winner ;o)
    Have a great weekend,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, Amber, your "all over the place" style doesn't bother me one bit - probably because I am also that way. Plus, I have enough trouble keeping track of my own projects so I don't worry about what anyone else is doing, then I see your finished quilts and just admire them!

    You should just blog about whatever you heart desires on whatever day. It's supposed to be fun.

    Love the cherries... I am definitely intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cherries!...and I strongly dislike deadlines...and I always have four or five projects ongoing at the same time! It's one of the things I really like about quilting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you have fun in Cali? That's kind of a dumb question cause how could you not at the beach all day?!! Call me when you get home and we'll get the kiddos together. P.S. LOVE the sneak peak!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad it's not just me who starts things but never quite finishes them! Although now that I have my blog I do make more of an effort to get things done. Life is too short to only work on one thing at a time!! I'm looking forward to your big reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh... Amber! We are more a like than you know! You and I have the same quilter's disease...LOL!
    Have fun on your other trip and I will be looking forward to hearing from you when you get back. I have got some great ideas to shoot off at ya! Call me!
    Can't wait to see your quilt. I LOVE what I see so far!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cherries are one of my favorite fruits!

    Can't wait for the whole reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the new project...I am slightly obsessed with everything cherries, so yes, I am intrigued! Looks like a wonderful vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, that looks incredible! Hurry back with the complete photo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooh cherries, love them, yes I'm intrigued. I have quilters ADD - quilting gave it to me. It has never been a problem in the past. For the first 5-6 years I quilted I never had an unfinished project. But sadly, my ADD took over.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I too just blog about whatever pops in my head for that day...and I am also a "process person" not a "project person"....that is OK.
    Have a fun week !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amber,

    It does not bother me in the least cuz don't ya think that "all" of us crafty people are the same way? When an idea pops into our little heads, there is no waiting, you have to act on it - that's why we have so many things going at once. And your blog is great, maybe our brains all work like yours!LOL But seriously, how long do we have to wait to see the "cherry quilt"? It looks fantastic! Rose

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's all good Amber..love your thought process.
    all my best, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amber, It must be your creative mind. I'm a lot like you in that I love to start projects and I don't worry if I finish them before I start another. I have so many ideas in my head, I want to get started before I forget where I was going with it. Just like you I've shown numerous projects on my blog with not a lot of finishes. Maybe a UFO finish challenge would encourage us. Your Cherry quilt is lovely and I can't wait to see the whole quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment. I read each one and try to respond as often as I can. Thanks so much for stopping by! ~Amber